One of the most important financial decisions you will make is insuring your home. This important decision can’t be done on the internet in 7 minutes, because your home can go up in flames in less than 10 minutes and you might be left with a large un-insured loss.
Buying Homeowners Insurance--The Right Way
- Read your policy. It is important that you know what your policy covers. We can certainly answer any questions you have, but it pays to review your coverage.
- Talk with us about your coverage needs. You may travel frequently, have many toys like ATV or boats, or you may have expensive jewelry; all these life style choices need to be considered when selecting homeowners insurance.
- Have you completed any home improvement projects? Did you add a bathroom, enlarge your deck, or add a media room? Home improvement projects may require an update to your policy.
- Often adding other coverage like auto, boat or RV to combine coverage will gain a better cost advantage.
- Having a home security system or home sprinkler system often will help lower premiums.